Thursday, June 25, 2020

A little here and there

I need a vacation. 
And because it is impossible to take one now, I want it even more !!

So instead, I am trying to go to all those places in my head - I can almost feel the cool breeze and hear the loud silence at the valley once more, see that giant turquoise starfish (and the snake !!) again, walk across the ancient town full of temples, see my wish of rain come true instantaneously, eat those yummy dishes.... the list goes on.

But then, what is vacation? A break from the ordinary. 
It just so happens that the quality of vacation is not proportionate to money spent at all. Its the little things that linger with us, for years after, and maybe forever. The waves come and go, the shacks disappear, flowers wilt and ramshackle roads get lost.. But they stay undisturbed in our memories.

And memories are all that remain.  

No comments: