Monday, September 02, 2024

Of drums and stings

T had his first stage performance yesterday! Opening song :D I was so proud.

The experience of watching good live performances in person, is one of the few joys which I cant fathom getting marred by any advent in technology. In yesterday's lineup, there was a kathak recital, a group of senior dancers. They were all very talented of course and were dancing very elegantly, energetically and in perfect symphony with the rhythm. But one of them was particularly mesmerizing. it was evident that she was enjoying herself tremendously. It was as if her movements were surprising and delighting her too. The audience were captivated! 

I believe our ancestors understood what they now call Stendthal syndrome better than we do now. There is a reason we associate arts with Gods and Goddesses. 

-----

Last week I was bitten on my arm by a wasp or a hornet, or some other equally horrendous insect. I dont know for sure because by the time I felt the sting, the culprit was gone! We were in a particularly overgrown and thick part of the hill at the time, so looking around wasn't an option. I know its not a bee because I have been bitten by bees before and bee sting is not this painful.

So anyway, the sting was particularly nasty and has tormented me for over a week now. I looked up on the internet to try an find ways to soothe the pain and something very interesting came up. The vast majority of the pics of the hornet/wasp sting were similar.. on their upper arms! Same as my case. Why though? Do these insects confuse human arms with some natural predator and attack? What? I demand research.

------

Apparently, this is also the snake season in this part of the world. Last week, two baby cobras were spotted in our community!! 

No comments: