Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Why birds are equivalent to nuclear weapons

I might have mentioned somewhere that I have started gardening. And from gardening what I mean is trying not to kill the few plants that i have in my living room balcony.

It actually began during winters. Given my love for live things with chlorophyll and the absurd number of balconies in our home K and I decided to buy some flowering plants.
On arriving at the nursery, Ksh says I started raving like a hungry kid in a cheese house (plz note i didnt say chocolate. At present there is a chocolate excess in our house. My freezer is crammed with choclates and there is more). We finally decided on some pretty looking plants totally laden with flowers.
On bringing them home, super enthusiastic that I was, I took charge of maintaining them. With regular watering and careful weeding, they all died pretty fast. Not all of them though, a couple of them decided to dry up partially and turn into ..well semi dried plants. It might hav been the monstrous delhi winters or the sheer amount of water that they were flooded with everyday, we'd never know..

Anyways, spring came. And I decided to restrict myself with hardy ever green plants and seeds this time. Another few trips to the nursery got us some nice super tough (touchwood) plants and three different variety of seeds.
After elaborate preparations the seeds were sown (the hardy plants were(are) fine on their own) and checked upon twice everyday. Now, I kind of forgot which pot had which seed and after a couple of days i had four varieties of seedlings when there were only three kinds of seeds. nevermind.. I cared for every one of them like .. well like plants. One of them is weed, though i cant tell which.
So, thats the story so far. till a couple of days ago that is.

I noticed today, that pigeons have eaten/messed up two pots.

And now I hate those messy birds. For ever.
If I could, i would prefer they eat something else, like bird food.


[update: the reason I am posting this post at 11:30 at night is because i have a lot of office work. Which roughly translates into wasting a lot of time on the internet while ignoring work, staying up late and turning up for work next morning looking like a zombie]
[update 2: Its 1:30 a.m and i am actually getting mad with being super tired and not sleepy(because of all the caffiene(how do you spell caffiene??)) at the same time.]

1 comment:

Abhijit Bhave said...

Madhu... i will help you take revenge..!!

i am going to make a new delicacy famous... so that people start ordering it in restaurants.

"Butter Pigeon!"