Thursday, August 06, 2015

Detoxing

So my tiny little humble terrace garden is in full bloom this season. After successive unsuccessful attempts to grow lemons and oranges I gave up and went the herbs, shrubs and creepers way :).

Tomatoes were a success. And so seems the karela. I never knew before that fresh karela flowers give off a very very sweet smell. Kind of like jasmine. But only before the sun comes up.


My medically prescribed month long "bed rest" is coming to an end. This has been a blessing in disguise really. Turns out that it takes me a week to get rid of "work thoughts" from my subconscious. And really lately I have been feeling so "light". Its refreshing. I am able to think of new stuff which is awesome. And most importantly I got to spend more time with tanmay :)

Read some good books lately - A Gathering Light, Return of the Dance Master, Up and Down in the Dales and Sita. Oh yes, and a childhood favorite - The little House in the big woods. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Abhijit Bhave said...

Wow .. Getting that whole thing growing and maintaining must be quite something. Do you also talk to the plants ?