Thursday, November 07, 2019

I am thinking of slugs for some reason

With the 10th Alumni meet lining up, I have found myself thinking increasingly about my (last) Alma mater. 
I realize (now) that the best takeaway any education can provide is not really knowledge/ facts/ figures, but the change in though process which somehow (hopefully) translates into real practical wisdom.
I dont know how much I could imbibe though :p

------

Word of the day: 

Philosophy : Literally, love of wisdom. 

------

Doesn't wisdom hold different meaning for different people. Same for answers to easy sounding but really profound questions like - "What construes a good life ?", "what is success?" and "What defines a good human being?".

------

A concept that I recently came across was "ergodicity". This blog post by  the legendary Naseem Taleb explains this concept in the context of financial risk taking behavior while making investments. A good article elucidates the concept in simple enough terms to make a noob like myself understand it (somewhat!!).

No comments: